- Deaf Parenting UK – Provide information/advice on Deaf parenting issues and tailor-made services to Deaf parents.
- National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS)– for parents with Deaf children. Can provide information and advice about Education.
- Royal Association for Deaf people (RAD) – Provides an advice service and runs ‘family groups’ where you will find support.
- Sign Community (also known as British Deaf Association- BDA) – The BDA has Community Advocacy services based in Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast.
- Sign Charity – Sign Charity’s mission is to promote Deaf Wellness and independent lives, preventing mental health and offer advocacy support.
- Disability Pregnancy & Parenting international (DPPi) – A Helpline/ information services, providing support to parents with disabilities.
- Contact a Family – Offers help to families who care for children with any disability or special needs.
Flash Player required
You must download the latest flash player to view the flash BSL video.
Lack of communication support can make it difficult for Deaf parents to access information about their children’s education. Lack of awareness about deafness can also cause problems, with many ‘professionals’ making ill-informed decisions about the care of children of Deaf parents. If you feel that things are going wrong, there are a number of organisations which can provide support.