Deaf Parenting UK a vast range of services which includes as follow:
1. Deaf Parenting Skill Course (DPSC)
• Pre-natal course for Deaf parent/ parent-to-be who are expecting baby
• Deaf Parents with children aged 0-9years
• Deaf Parents with teens
More info can be found on here.
2. 1:1 Support on Parenting skills
3. Befriender Services
on services that DPUK offer
5. Tailor-made Services
to Deaf Parents If there is anything you need from DPUK that is tailored-made to suit your needs, please let us know.
6. Expert witness/ independent social worker/ assessor
for Deaf parents/ families in the legal setting: We have a network of independent social workers who are mostly Deaf BSL user or hearing with BSL level 3 or above. This is following requests from courts of where Deaf parents are at the crisis stages and requires a range of support that we can offer which includes advocacy, parenting support, expert witness and an assessor to check whether the services offered to Deaf parents are accessible to them.
7. Information/ Support
– We have a range of information and work closely with our parenting partners to ensure that we have the up to date information/ support to meet Deaf parents needs. Please check out our website or if you have any specific enquiry, please contact us by email.
– DPUK values the vast support from all members across UK on Deaf Parenting issues. FREE Membership is open to all Deaf Parents and professionals/ service providers working with Deaf Parents. Benefits of Memberships for DPUK members include:
- Opportunity to influence DPUK as an organisation and their services to ensure that it meets Deaf Parents’ needs.
- Network with other Deaf Parents/ Professionals working with Deaf Parents.
- Involves & contribute to FREE Deaf Parenting Email Group/ Forum (see below)
- Receive Deaf Parenting Newsletter on quarterly basis.
9. Deaf Parenting Forum/ Event Calendar on Deaf Parenting UK
website, which is FREE for members.
10. Deaf Parenting UK
Newsletter – quarterly newsletter FREE for members
Deaf Parenting UK
have been recognised on local, national and international level especially on recent World Federation for the Deaf’s conference where we realised the uniqueness of Deaf Parenting UK as a national organisation in UK. We checked with other countries and there were none like Deaf Parenting UK
apart from small projects here and there, but not a formal organisation of Deaf parents
for Deaf parents
. It shows on how important for Deaf Parenting UK to present itself as a good model for other countries across the world on enabling confidence, supporting and empowering Deaf parents
To learn more about Deaf Parenting UK
and the services we offer, please feel free to contact our Coordinator on SMS: 07789 027186 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or look at our website: www.deafparent.org.uk