Deaf Advocacy + Justice 4 Deaf People is pleased to launch + host this first Deaf-led Deaf Diabetes UK (DDUK) Conference on 29 July 2010.
DDUK Conference will provide an excellent opportunity for Deaf diabetes + for Deaf people / Deaf parents do not have diabetes are interested in diabetes matters to meet NHS Professionals.
- Dr Rowan Hillson, MBE, National Clinical Director for Diabetes.
- Dr Stephen Thomas, Clinical Director for Diabetes, Healthcare for London.
- Sabina Iqbal, Chair/Founder of Deaf Parenting UK
The conference aim is to:
- raise awareness on the needs of Deaf diabetes’s access to the NHS Diabetes Care + Services plus information,
- develop an understanding of their access + communication needs,
- identify gaps in the NHS Diabetes Care + Services,
- highlight concerns + to offer possible solutions.
- inform Deaf people who do not have diabetes to be aware of diabetes risks + preventative measures. And the needs of Deaf parents + their view about their children needs who may have diabetes.
For more information, please go to http://www.justice4deaf.com/DDUK-Conference-Information.html
Easy Related Posts
Deaf Diabetes UK Conference 15th May 2015
DDUK Announcement is pleased to confirm DDUK - 2nd Conference - 15 May 2015 Venue: Manchester Deaf ...read more
Appeal Court Ruling regarding Deaf Parents going through family court proceedings.
The of Court of Appeal has issued a judgement as a result of proceedings earlier ...read more
ARTWORK COMPETITION! Sign language brokering experiences in the Deaf community
Do you have deaf parents that use sign language? Have you had experience of helping your ...read more
Hackney Deaf Parenting Support Group
Hackney Deaf Parenting Support Group Are you a Deaf Parent/ Deaf Parent to be? Want ...read more