DEAF PARENTING UK’S AWARDS EVENT 2011 – Nominate someone now!
Why not nominate yourself or someone worthy of the award?
Deaf Parenting UK Awards 2011 Powerpoint presentation clips – click here to view (click to run when prompt)
Do you know of:
- Deaf parents or professional who works hard to improve lives of Deaf parents?
- Someone in the community supporting Deaf parents?
- Someone eg neighbour or friend who supported your Deaf parents through difficult times?
- Best practice or new services accessible to Deaf parents?
- And many more….
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!Nominations are now open to individuals (including Deaf Parents, families, friends, neighbours, Samaritan) and Organisations (including Health, Social Services, Education, voluntary organisations & community groups).
Deadline for Nomination is 15th July 2011
There are 7 categories to nominate someone as follow. Please use one nomination form for every person you wish to nominate and choosing one category per person.
- Positive Deaf Parent Award – For Deaf parent, who made a difference as a positive role model to others aswell as making positive contribution.
- Community of Deaf Parents Award – For individual/ groups who have been working towards improving community, supporting Deaf Parents and enabling Deaf Parents to participate in the Community.
- Professional Support of Deaf Parents Award – For professional who have made difference to the life of Deaf Parents.
- Friend of Deaf Parents Award – a personal recognition of friendship, for an individual e.g.: friend, family or even a neighbour/ Samaritan who have supported a Deaf parent through a difficult time and nomination are encouraged from children of Deaf parents or their families who have found an individual worthy of this award.
- Best Practice of Working with Deaf Parents Award – For Service Providers who have made difference above and beyond the call of duty, an innovative or new practice that we all could learn from.
- Campaigner of Deaf Parents Award – For individual who has fought against all odds for the benefit of Deaf Parents, fighting for the right of access to services of Deaf Parents and for their children.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – For individual’s lifetime work and success in improving the quality of lives of Deaf parents.
Two options of making your nomination:
2) Complete the Nomination Form online, please click here and follow instruction on the form to submit it online.
Thanks and Good luck with your nomination!
Deadline for nomination: 15th July 2011.
Ticket also now for Sale to our Awards event which will be on Friday 7th Oct in Central London. An event – not to be missed!
Early Bird Discount (until 15th July 2011) £10 per person
Full price (1st August – 16th September 2011) £15 per person
Deadline for buying ticket is 16th September 2011. Venue will hold 200 people maximum so buy your tickets now. Its on first come, first serve so don’t miss out.
Please spread the word or distribute the flyer (downloadable from our website) to as many as possible to Deaf Parents, their families, friends, Samaritans, Neighbours, or to your local Deaf clubs, Deaf Associations/ Centre, workplace, heath services, social services and education eg your child’s school/ college etc and encourage them to make their nomination.
Flyer available from: http://www.deafparent.org.uk/awards2011/DPUKflyer.pdf
To learn more about DPUK Awards 2011, please go to our website: http://www.deafparent.org.uk/awards2011/index.html
Easy Related Posts
Deaf Diabetes UK Conference 15th May 2015
DDUK Announcement is pleased to confirm DDUK - 2nd Conference - 15 May 2015 Venue: Manchester Deaf ...read more
Appeal Court Ruling regarding Deaf Parents going through family court proceedings.
The of Court of Appeal has issued a judgement as a result of proceedings earlier ...read more
ARTWORK COMPETITION! Sign language brokering experiences in the Deaf community
Do you have deaf parents that use sign language? Have you had experience of helping your ...read more
Hackney Deaf Parenting Support Group
Hackney Deaf Parenting Support Group Are you a Deaf Parent/ Deaf Parent to be? Want ...read more