Deaf Parenting UK is looking for an effective Trainer/ Facilitator to deliver Deaf Parenting Mentoring courses in Bristol area. You must be enthusiastic and committed to the project; be experienced in delivery courses; carry out pre-post evaluations; and ensuring workshops are set in safe and supportive environment. In addition, you will need to have excellent report skills including feedback to the project board and be supported by DPUK Coordinator in delivery the workshop session every week for a 12weeks course.
Ideally, the person be based in Bristol area or nearby and have excellent BSL skills. We encourage Deaf people to apply too.
The candidate is expected to start ASAP, pending on the CRB check and satisfactory references, and to commence the work ready for September 2012 course (12weeks) start with view of extending to other projects (subject to fundings)
Good rate of pay
DPUK Parenting Facilitator Person Specification
- Experience of using evidence-based parenting programmes or strategies to achieve and support positive parenting skills
- Experience of meeting the learning needs and styles of Deaf adults and knowledge of issues affecting the learning and development of members of the Deaf community.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary parenting issues and resources to support parents.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of community agencies (including health services) supporting parents, families and the Deaf community
- Expertise in health related and wellbeing issues for Deaf adults. Awareness of and training in mental health issues that affect the Deaf community.
- Awareness of the need to use information sharing protocols appropriately and to support and respect the confidentiality of service users
- Evidence of good quality interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a native British Sign language user or qualified to level 3 or above.
- Experience of working with diverse groups of service users and of taking action to address barriers and promote access for hard-to-reach groups.
Facilitators working for DPUK will be subject to enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks.
Facilitators working for DPUK will either be covered by DPUK’s professional indemnity insurance or be required to have this in place if working on a self-employed basis.
Deadline for application is: 31st July 2012
To express your interest, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria for the above post.
Easy Related Posts
Deaf Diabetes UK Conference 15th May 2015
DDUK Announcement is pleased to confirm DDUK - 2nd Conference - 15 May 2015 Venue: Manchester Deaf ...read more
Appeal Court Ruling regarding Deaf Parents going through family court proceedings.
The of Court of Appeal has issued a judgement as a result of proceedings earlier ...read more
ARTWORK COMPETITION! Sign language brokering experiences in the Deaf community
Do you have deaf parents that use sign language? Have you had experience of helping your ...read more
Hackney Deaf Parenting Support Group
Hackney Deaf Parenting Support Group Are you a Deaf Parent/ Deaf Parent to be? Want ...read more